2 pounds of diced summer squash (zucchini)
1 pound diced jack cheese
1/2 cube butter
1 small can diced Ortega chilies
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons flour
1/4 cup soda cracker crumbs
- Cook squash until barely tender. Drain/cool.
- Mix everything except crumbs and butter.
- Butter casserole dish, sprinkle bottom with crumbs.
- Pour in mixture, top with crumbs, dot with butter.
- Bake at 325° for 35-45 minutes.
- Allow to set before cutting.
The finished dish resembles a quiche - it's full of yummy goodness from all the cheese, not too spicy for kids (take it up a notch with pepper jack cheese!) and a great way to use up extra squash.